Sunday, December 30, 2012

Nicely Played, God

The onset of Erin's fever last night raised our flu toll to five. It is not pleasant in my house. This bug is miserable and leaves quite a path of destruction in it's wake. We cancelled our weekend plans to see Colby's family and also had to make the call for New Year's/Christmas with my family tomorrow night. Both decisions leaving us all disappointed. In the midst of all of this, my friend Jennifer was taken to Cleveland Clinic in hopes of saving her leg. Several tests have been run and she is in the best hands, God's and the surgeon's. Surgery was post-poned until this morning so they would have a more comprehensive picture going into the O.R. As I was getting ready for bed last night, I prayed for her. I was in that flu-like fog that hasn't lifted in the number of days I have been wearing the same pajamas but I wanted to keep praying, desperate to DO something. Each time I would start to drift off to sleep, our smoke detectors would go off. It appears there was a malfunction of some sort. Greg drug the chair out to reset it and went back to bed. An hour later, once again, the shrieking started. We were up dealing with smoke detectors four times (and not the same one each time). So, at 4am the house settled into sleep for a few hours. God worked out a little more prayer time than I anticipated. He's got this.

No comments: