Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Ty was up and down all night with a high fever. He has been miserable but able to perk up for gifts and some playtime in between naps. He noted Santa had arrived around 2 am but didn't seem too interested in checking out the loot yet. Thank God. Erin created a Lego table for him out of an old end table we no longer needed in the girls' room. Ask him what gift he liked best and he will tell you "Legos and not drums". "Not drums" because he didn't get any drums. He decided at bedtime on Christmas Eve he'd like to have drums for Christmas. Even if Santa had known prior to that, I highly doubt drums would have found their way under our tree. A daddy on third shift would not mix well with a three year old and drums. I honestly can't think of anything that would mix well with a three year old and drums.

Kate loves her stuffed puppy named Peppy, short for Peppermint. Santa had him made special for her and attached a note about not being able to bring a real puppy. Peppy's had no accidents and doesn't appear to shed. I like Peppy.

Just hours after brunch, Greg headed to bed in order to go back to work tonight and the older girls helped me restore the house. Erin removed all the tree ornaments and made countless trips to the attic to retrieve boxes. Makenna vacuumed and Lauren aided in the heavy lifting back into the attic. I was shocked. That chore typically falls to me alone; but this year, I mentioned leaving it all up until New Year's and the girls said I couldn't. It's tradition. It does feel good to reclaim the house. And the help was awesome. I think I'll count on their help as tradition moving forward!

No comments: