Friday, December 28, 2012

Ruff Week

Ty started running a fever Monday night. He ran temps of 103-104 for three solid days. He was miserable. His fever broke last night but congestion and restlessness remain today. I started running a low grade fever on Wednesday and the chills were literally painful. I am still coughing and achy but no longer feverish. Kate and Makenna started today.

My friend, Jennifer is being admitted to Cleveland Clinic in a final effort to save her leg as I write. She is my age and this news is devastating. I swear I think of Job when I see Jennifer's life. She is one of the most generous, loving ladies I know and yet, she can't get a break. It is always something. I care so deeply for her and wish there was some way I could fix this for her. We are praying we can get healthy here so we can keep Shelby next week to help out in that capacity if nothing else. It's a helpless feeling to wait on information and yet be unable to do anything. Praying for healing and restoration. God is good even if I don't understand.

This dog is not supposed to be on furniture. He was well trained. The kids in the house? Not so much. I often fail to notice when he's breaking the rules. After all, he's encouraged to do so. Our good friend, "Uncle Mark" had to put down his second Boxer today. Perspective. It's just furniture.

My parents are enjoying a fabulous anniversary trip in Cancun. They told Theresa and I they would call us on Christmas Day and then did not. Theresa and I convinced ourselves we needed to check up on them on Wednesday. It took an entire day and several means of contact but they were tracked down, safe and sound. I think they were getting even for our teen years. Or they discovered just how much it was going to cost to call internationally. Either way, I am glad they are safe and hope it is a dream vacation. They deserve it.

No comments: