Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In honor of my Grandma's birthday today...

I made a German Chocolate upside down cake because as Grandma says, "if it isn't chocolate, why bother"! Happy birthday Grandma! I wish you were here to help us eat this and celebrate you!

Photo was taken September 2009...we didn't get a shot during our visit this summer. I think another visit is in order soon to remedy that!
Two of my children have turned up their noses since coconut is involved...pitty for them, yeah for me! I got this recipe and many others from my new favorite food blog "eat at home".

1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut
1 German chocolate cake mix and pkg. ingredients
8 oz cream cheese softenend
1 lb powdered sugar

Mix pecans and coconut together and sprinkle into a greased 9x13 pan. Mix cake according to package directions and pour over coconut mixture. Stir cream and sugar together and dollop onto cake mix. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Cool. To serve, dip it out and turn each piece upside down on plate.

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Yum! I am on my way over now ;)

Your grandmother sounds like my kinda lady " if it isn't chocolate, why bother?" - love it!! Happy birthday to her!

Jill said...

Happy birthday to your sweet grandma! Hooray for chocolate, but boo for the coconut!!! lol! Love you! :)