Saturday, February 4, 2023

Week Five

Our grandson has tried snorkeling and loves it. He has a waterproof case for his camera and cannot wait to take it on his next adventure. He is promising pictures as soon as it is not cold outside. It's 76 degrees in Hawaii. Pray he pulls through this trying time. 


Saturday was mild enough for grilled steaks. Yes please. 

We visited the cutest little ice cream shoppe. 


We had a relaxing weekend and even slipped out for a fun double date of bowling and ice cream. After almost twenty-eight years of parenting together, we go out when we want to and no one will starve. It's a pretty sweet season. 

He was pouting because I wasn't ready to play Saturday morning.



Erin came over for her customary Sunday nap and laundry day. Only one of them successfully napped though.

Monday I saw my chiropractor for what I believed was a pinched nerve in my neck. What I learned instead was that I needed to eliminate sugar. I used to like that guy. It's been an unpleasant week since. I miss all.the.things. And also, I still have the symptoms that took me too the chiropractor; plus sugar cravings. 



Tuesday we were granted a snow day; the first of the school year and spent it wisely. We read, napped and played. It was good. 

Ty loved the ice and laughed his way through multiple slips and falls. Later, Diesel escaped the yard to steal a neighbor boy's basketball while he shot hoops in his driveway. We scolded Diesel and put him in a timeout. He was absolutely the opposite of remorseful as he spent the next half hour pacing and whining to go back outside to play with the neighbor. He immediately hops up on the deck when he goes outside to see if the child is out so he is back on a lead in the yard. Sigh. We feel like we are making progress and then he has nights he is absolute menace or reverts back to old behavior. It's a good thing I think he's cute because he is exhausting.

No comments: