Friday, February 10, 2023

Girlfriend Day Out/Week Six

Erin going with me was a surprise for my friends and one they absolutely loved. There were several comments about their pride in helping raise her; the first baby of our group. 

Erin and I met some friends in Florence for a day of eating, shopping and laughing. We caught up, hugged often and slipped into personal conversations in between ridiculous stories of aging and life. At one point, we were all gathered around magnifying mirrors discussing the need for them to pluck the stray hairs we no longer see. Someone confessed to a waxing job gone awry and we drew an audience as Jill burst out laughing that twenty years ago we were drinking mudslides in my kitchen without a clue of just how glamorous life would become. By the time we left that store, a clerk thanked us for coming in so full of joy. I'm so grateful for my tribe. We have weathered some serious hardships and celebrated the journey alongside one another for decades. It is the absolute best. We plan to retire together like the golden girls and have selected our roommates based on folded towels. Although one of them says she started folding hers after the horror on my face about causally shoving them into a cabinet. She is claiming towel folding as exercise. As I said, ridiculous. Of course the same one who is insisting on a very attractive pool boy for our elderly years is the same one who bought sweatpants at Victoria Secret for Valentine's Day. I have no words. 




The sun showed up on Sunday and we all rejoiced! Goodness we need more days like that. But Ty, who had been feeling rundown for a few days managed some trampoline time and I thought we were in the clear until Erin pointed out his nasty cough. By Monday it was clear he was once again sick. Tuesday he needed lab work to rule out quite a few illnesses. Wednesday we learned he has been fighting two viruses and both have been hitting kids pretty hard this year. The RSV is still a bit concerning given he is also an asthmatic, so he scored a week out of school to sleep it all off. He was not disappointed but also not well enough to enjoy himself. 

Despite all the fun Diesel promises to bring to any and all situations, Oliver is not having it. Poor Diesel.

Greg tells him to stay off his pillows. He obeys until the moment Greg leaves for work each morning. But look at how sweet he appears to be when he is sleeping. 

Our Everyplate box contained a planned surprise for the kids. They were thrilled. These silly little cookies have been difficult to locate. Come on Pillsbury, the kids need you to get it together. The holidays, they claim, aren't the same without your bland cookies.

I am leading a brand new yearbook club at school and today we took a quick photo of our motley crew. They are loud, hilarious and doing a great job tackling this year's book. This is the first time it's been student lead and I'm honored my boss allowed me to opportunity to launch it this year. We've been on quite the learning curve as a team but I have mostly enjoyed the process. I kinda like these people. I'm going to be pretty sad when they graduate from the elementary school in a few months. 



No comments: