Sunday, June 28, 2015

Random Updates

God showed off a lot this week. The only photos I took all week were incredible sky-scapes and did not edit them at all.

I text Greg, "I have good news and bad news. Good news: our son is not gay. Bad news: we already need to start 'the talk'. He is five!" I discovered our son climbing to stand on top of our deck railing to look at the young adults swimming in the pool next door. I instructed him to get down and stop spying on the neighbors. He responded he wasn't spying, he was looking at the girl. The eighteen year old young lady in question was wearing a bikini. She is quite pretty and apparently Ty noticed. He was removed from the deck and the next thing I knew, he and his little buddy were trying to lift one another up on the trampoline for further investigation. Lord help me. 

Erin called to invite Kate and Ty over to celebrate 6/26 as Lilo and Stitch Day. She took snack requests (Pringles) and hosted a sleep over. It was a fun surprise.

Lauren made some changes to her college career path. Instead of moving onto campus and pursuing substance abuse counseling alongside criminal justice, she is now attending a local campus for criminal justice only. We support her decision and are proud of her for looking at the student debt projections while making her final choice. She earned a $10,000 scholarship paid out over four years that will cover most of her local college experience and will pay the rest as she goes, most likely working for UPS who pays all hourly employees $5000 per year toward higher education. Some details remain to be settled but we'll tackle those when she returns from her final church camp experience on the fourth of July. We are just happy to not be moving another kid out of the house this summer.

"Mom! Look at this! Dinosaurs have been here recently! Like since Wednesday!" Ty swears he found dinosaur tracks in the road near our house. And they have arrived since Wednesday.

Apparently I am too old for technology changes. AT&T sent me a letter explaining they would no longer be able to service my old Blackberry phone because it only has 2G technology (whatever that means). They offered me one of three phone models for free with no service charge since I have stubbornly used my old refurbished phone for approximately five years now. I visited AT&T twice before making the decision to go without data I never use and chose the "simple model". I am 48 hours into the consequences of that decision and regret it immensely. I am avoiding the phone. It is just so awkward. There is a strong chance I will be re-visiting AT&T on Monday to insist they reestablish service on my Blackberry. I will acquire Greg's newer Blackberry in the future and he can upgrade into something post 2010. He is obviously more hip than me.

In other news, school starts back one month from tomorrow. No one in the Baughman household is impressed by this.  

No comments: