Sunday, March 8, 2015

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Weekend

Dinner with Ty lead to a conversation where Ty swore his allegiance to help police officers kill bad guys. I had mixed feelings about this comment so I asked how he knows if someone is a bad guy. Thanks to Erin, he responded, "they are thugs making bad decisions". I decided to redirect the discussion and asked him if he'd like to be a policeman when he grows up. After careful consideration, he replied, "Nah, I want a job where I can carry a real light saber".

"There's zillions of snow out there!" Ty's response to what I pray was our last snow of the season.

Oh Mister Sun...it's glorious to see you even if your affect on Kate's sweet face was not appreciated.
Mom is not the only one tired of all the running Makenna's tech schedule demands

Kate and I spent our afternoon supporting our favorite tech. Mary Poppins was beyond fantastic. I was prepared to be entertained but was surprised by the talent, special effects and professionalism. A lot has changed in theater since I was in high school! The chimney sweep tap dance scene was my favorite and honestly better than any dance I have ever seen in a recital throughout the years. Just wow. Makenna has asked me not to tell her best buddy Mitchell how much I loved his performance as Burt. He was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious but according to Makenna, he already knows that. Apparently there is some competition between the tech crew and the actors but they worked together and pulled off a great show. The show will wrap up after four more performances next weekend. It will be nice to have my kid back.
We had friends over for dinner last night and Greg worked all day today covering for his day-side partner. The weekend passed much too quickly, as usual.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I have heard nothing but awesome reviews on the play :)
Love the pictures, especially of the sun, the lighting is amazing.