Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring has sprung

Spring officially kicked off yesterday and we celebrated by taking the entire family out for Orange Leaf. All eight of us filed in after dinner and enjoyed being together for a bit. Justin was our eighth family member since he tends to be around these days and he torments all my children as though he is a sibling. I had my camera in my purse and desperately wanted to take photos for no other reason than we were all together and it was fun. I do have snapshots in my mind and didn't irritate anyone taking those.

So it was the first official day of spring and the sun showed up to help us celebrate. I rediscovered my spot on the swing with a book and made time for a walk around the neighborhood where I spied flowers in bloom and Ty initiated another rock collection. Not all rocks are thrown into the creek but are saved on his dresser. Yay. Or not.




Tonight I tossed a few buckets of balls while Ty practiced swinging his bat for the first time in months. The boy has quite an arm as several balls were retrieved from the field.  We are soaking up the warmth and sunshine while we can. Rumor has it we are in for another cold spring break this week.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love that boy's smile - you can't help but smile along with him :)