Saturday, March 8, 2014

Oh Makenna!

I  picked up my daughter from a sleep over with her friend today. Jilly's parents have adopted her cousin, Matt who is just three years younger. When Makenna spends the night, Matt's friend Gabe does too. Matt and Gabe have become honorary little brothers to Makenna. Makenna explained that her friend's mom took all four of them to Five Guys for burgers last night and then went to Target. She let the kids wander while she shopped. Makenna and Matt spent the entire period of time they were there riding in carts brandishing plastic guns playing war. They were all over the store, having a blast. How on earth I wasn't called to pick up my child is beyond me. At one point in the story telling, Makenna declared she had announced herself as "Five Feet of Terror". I couldn't keep a straight face. Seriously? She's five feet of something but I don't know that terror would be the correct adjective.

She went on to tell me that she stood up to a boy who lied and was mean to a friend this week. Yesterday she walked up to the boy's lunch table to say hello and all the boys there cowered. They are afraid of Little Miss Five Feet of Terror. Heaven help me.
We spent the afternoon setting up our Christmas present from Santa. The new trampoline won't fit in the landscaped area created for it so we have more work to do but we are well on our way to energy burning fun!
 Let me introduce our work crew......
And our shift supervisor. 
We aren't quite finished but allowed some supervised jump time anyway.

Isn't she terrifying?

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love that pic of Ty jumping on the trampoline - such a cool shot and his face is of pure joy :)