Sunday, March 23, 2014

Celebrate

We played hooky from church today because it was the only time this weekend the entire family would be together to celebrate Erin and Greg. Lauren had to be at work by eleven so we chose to have brunch together. It was a great morning. Erin requested homemade cinnamon rolls. This recipe is somewhat like the biblical fishes and loaves story. It claims to take 30 minutes and make 12 rolls. Thank God I decided to make them on Saturday because three hours later, I had 38 rolls. I pawned pans of them off on unsuspecting neighbors and still had far too many lying around the house after this morning's brunch. After breakfast I asked Erin what she wanted for dinner knowing Greg's pork chops are on the agenda for his birthday tomorrow. She answered far too quickly, "ice cream". Ty's mouth dropped open! He was shocked! Is this a possibility? He looked from me to Erin in a state of disbelief. I hesitantly agreed and he celebrated by hugging Erin. I then looked at Greg and suggested we make use of his birthday gift card to Longhorn because there was no way I was eating ice cream for dinner, birthday or not. Everyone won. It was a good day.
My superman. I love him.

1 comment:

TeamWilmore said...

Oh my goodness - please send me the cinnamon roll recipe too!!! Happy birthday to your Superman!!!