Friday, May 31, 2013

Momma said

My son, A.K.A. Prince Charming jumped onto the swing our two year old neighbor fell off and then loudly demanded she move while she lay there crying. I was horrified. I didn't even know she was injured until I arrived to remove my son from playtime and discovered blood pouring out of Violet's head. My son continued to demand access to the swing. It was a parenting low.

I recently watched this Lysa TerKeurst video about motherhood and came away feeling a.)relieved and b.) in good company! Nothing humbles me more than the actions of my children; however, they don't define me as a person or as a mother. Praise God on both fronts. Of course, the flip side of that coin is that when my children succeed, I am not defined either but, I am grateful for those redeeming moments!



These two are finally wrapping up their school year today. I looked at Lauren this morning and exclaimed, "you made it!" She replied, "not yet, Momma. Check back in a few hours". That's optimism. It's been a marathon year full of a lot of "growth opportunities". Ahem. Lauren will be back to the Montessori school in the fall as a junior. Makenna will be attending our local public middle school as an eighth grader. We are calling it "boot camp". Sister needs to be motivated and we pray grades are the motivator. We also enrolled Kate in an online public school. I have used it in the past and loved the curriculum but our first attempt in Indiana was chaotic enough on the school's end that I left frustrated. Rumor has it, new leadership has created a much more pleasant experience and so we are looking forward to that in the fall for third grade. So, to recap, Erin will be at Ivy Tech. Lauren will be at Community Montessori. Makenna will be at Highland Hills and Kate will be at home but on a public school schedule. I have clearly lost my mind. Or will lose it trying to balance four different education calendars.

3 comments:

Jill May said...

Oh, how I sympathize with you on the parenting front today. Today should have been a great day, the first official day of summer vacation! Instead, Aaron completely blows it BIG TIME and gets himself grounded. I am afraid it will be a long summer.....

Baughman Family said...

Oh Honey! I hope he got the message and the remainder of summer is pleasant! By the way, it's time for a trip to Huber's farm again....are you in?

Jill May said...

Oh yes, I am in!!!!! We need to do some calendar checking together and plan a time for very soon!!!!