Sunday, June 2, 2013

Erin, the Graduate

Much to my dismay, my baby was old enough to graduate today. I am so proud of her. My dad caught me tearing up as I placed graduation napkins on the table and mentioned that it could be worse, she could NOT be graduating. True. We'll take graduation.




Prior to the ceremony, Erin and I slipped away to our favorite gazebo for a few Mother-Daughter photos.



 I am glad we made the time for photos. After graduation, we spent thirty minutes looking for our favorite graduate in the lobby but never found her. She had slipped out the back door and gone home! When she said she was ready to be finished with high school, she wasn't kidding! She admitted to crying at one point during the ceremony; however, it had nothing to do with her accomplishment or anything said from the podium. She has had a soft place in her heart all four years for a young man in her class with Autism. Austin was crying pretty hard as his name was called and that touched Erin the most. She's pretty special.

3 comments:

Jill May said...

I love the mother daughter pics. We are so proud of you, Erin!!!!!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I am so proud of you, Erin!

I love all the photos - especially the last mother/daughter pic :)

Unknown said...

So proud of Erin! She has an amazing heart! Sherri you and Greg have done a wonderful job raising her! Funny story, the same thing happened at my graduation. I thought my parents left me so I left and come to find out they were looking for me the while time...