Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Randomeness

Karston, the little guy from the school is spending this week with us. Devyn was here Tuesday and Wednesday. As I prepared for my shower last night, I noted dried snot clear down my chest inside my shirt. I am certain it wasn't mine. I lead a very glamorous life.

The calendar says it's May. Kate's birthday countdown has officially begun. There is a little excitement in the air.

Erin's Ivy Tech courses have been locked up for three weeks. I finally got administrators on the phone today. Three hours later, Erin has regained access to her courses and will spend days getting caught up.

Lauren is going to church camp in July. It is expensive. She is participating in a fundraiser for the first time. If you happen to be in the area on May 18, swing by Zesto's for a free car wash. She's been busy asking for sponsors to help fund her trip.

Erin is making dinner tonight. I am looking forward to it! I think I may designate one day per month as someone else is cooking night. She even ran to the store for ingredients she wants to use in her dish.

I am making decisions about next year's course work for Kate. The task is daunting.

In working with tech support on Erin's school issues, I lost my browser and therefor no longer have any of my bookmarks. This makes me very sad. I like streamlined browsing and don't deviate much from my typical resources.....see course work notation above. It looks like I will be starting over. Yeah me.

Makenna is participating in Seussical on the 23rd and 24th of this month. Sister loves the stage. Her family appreciates her ability to channel drama to something productive.

Makenna will be attending the local middle school next year. I appear to need to have my children in multiple locations at all times. Makenna hasn't stepped up this year so will therefore be entering "boot camp" where grades count and leaving your desk to work is out of the question. We anticipate a long eighth grade year.

Lauren has been negotiating how to eliminate her Senior Year. With all the additional projects required for graduation from her school, it won't be possible. I suspect Erin's senioritis will be a cake walk compared to Lauren's given how anxious she is to be finished even though she is only a sophomore!

I started a bible study last weekend on the book of James. It's rich. My brain has turned to mush because I am not absorbing as much as I want. On the other hand, I am getting questions about the life of Jesus answered. Can you imagine growing up with Jesus as your older brother? When Lauren complains Erin is the perfect one again, we will direct her to the book of James. Trust me.....James can relate!

During the course of writing this little post, my son has flooded the bathroom, Kate has had three bowls of cereal, the girls have come home from school with news of disciplinary action and overdue projects and Greg's been wakened by the noise. I think I need to go. Once again, I lead a very glamorous life.



3 comments:

Jill May said...

Let Lauren know that she will be getting something in the mail to help sponsor her camp! And, also know that I am a bit grossed out by the snot episode! Haha!! :)

Baughman Family said...

Aunt Jill! Thank you so much for your support! She is excited about her trip. Holland Michigan (sort of wish I could chaperon this one!)

Jill May said...

Aunt Jill would be happy to make the sacrifice and chaperon for you. It sounds like a tough job, but I would be willing to give that of myself for the better of the children. :)