Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fun finder/ Stud finder

Ty objected to his nap today....in fact, he's been skipping those a day or two a week lately. He needs the nap. I need him to take the nap. Within a few minutes of putting him down for today's, I heard him yell from his room, "Hey Mom, I think Ty's awake"! 

Kate and Mabry made tu-tus at Mabry's house this week. Kate wore hers to her parent/teacher conferences and out to run errands yesterday. Today was dress up day at our house. She loves having a friend out our back door. They check in with each other every day and are always asking to eat dinner with one another.





Kate and I attended a Mother Daughter Pottery Night at church last week with a friend she's made at school who also attends our church. She loved it and is thrilled with her flower figurine. I attempted a free hand daisy on a trivet. Popular opinion is that I made a fried egg trivet. Oh well, maybe I'll make a bacon one next year?

Not all my creative attempts fail......I have been harassing Greg to help me complete this little vision for several months now. That old door needed some work and we are still watching for an antique knob to finish it, but I love the results.

Greg came into the kitchen with all of the tools necessary for hanging a solid wood door onto drywall and mentioned that "it's a good thing (he) turned this thing off" while referencing his stud finder. I love this man.


2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Yes my friend, it does in fact look like a fried egg :) Ha! But the door looks amazing!!! I can't wait to come over and see it, maybe for some tea? Hint....

Baughman Family said...

Yes, we do need to have tea....come over!