Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Did you know?

  • Honey is my new best friend....I asked our pediatrician friend for tips to help Ty deal with a nasty cough that had him up three nights in a row for over an hour constantly coughing. She recommended a teaspoon of honey at bedtime. It worked! Who knew? (Besides Robyn anyway)
  • Warmer weather makes me giddy. I hardly know what to do with myself!  I am scraping the paint off an old wooden door for a project I am itching to finish. It was supposed to be a spring project but with weather like this, it may as well be spring and besides, I fear that spring will be filled with winter. (if that even makes sense) I have also slipped out for a few walks this week. Life is good.
  • I enjoyed a cup of tea on my porch swing this morning. It was glorious. I am a little worried though as my typical summertime perch looks directly into my new neighbor's house. They don't appear to believe in window treatments. They have their couch facing my swing. This could get colorful. 
  • The boys believe they are helpful. Ty is holding a piece of my vacuum that is not supposed to be removable. Turn your back for a second....sheesh.
  • Speaking of back turning....I took a few minutes for myself yesterday (I swear I could write an entire post titled "while I was in the bathroom") and heard my microwave running. Ty was the only other person here. I panicked and discovered him standing on a chair "pushing a button". Have mercy.
  • I think the toddler years have arrived in full force. Our sweet little guy probably thinks his legal name is Colby James No! 
  • Our precious elderly neighbor passed away this weekend. Our girls adored Miss Jean and will miss their little chats. Erin is a teaching assistant for her son and is particularly saddened.
  • I have two daughters who are at an age to be discussing driver's education. (Help me). Erin is afraid to drive and has kept this topic on the back burner for quite awhile. Her little encounter with the deer a few weeks ago did not help. She would just assume allow everyone else cart her around. Lauren, on the other hand, just turned 15 in November and is pretty sure we are crazy for not having her signed up for driver's ed! She wants it all. NOW. I honestly don't know which one makes me more nervous. Greg has signed them up for a course called "Alive at 25" that will likely traumatize Erin and hopefully slow Lauren down a bit. Can't we just bubble wrap them?
  • My son is adorable when he blows on hot soup. Hot soup would have made sense on the meal plan for a typical February 1st.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

This post made me smile :) That Ty is such a cutie!! And I can't wait to see your finished door project.