Sunday, February 12, 2017

Surprise!

Tuesday night a friend of Lauren's stopped in under the guise he needed to speak with me about a situation at his work. I was cleaning the kitchen when he walked through the front door and then I heard a voice that sounded just like Lauren's. Makenna looked up and burst into tears. I stayed frozen in the kitchen convinced my mind was playing tricks on me. When I finally rounded the corner, I saw Makenna crying in Lauren's arms and still couldn't trust my eyes. Lauren was home and I was shocked. She had been planning this trip for a few weeks but told no one except Taylor and Spencer. About the time it registered she was really here, she was off again to go surprise Erin.


The next day, all my little ones were also surprised to see Lauren. She has been popping up in places all over town surprising friends and family. When I asked her why she didn't tell me she was coming, she said it was because I would have told her not to make the sixteen hour drive alone. She is right. I don't like the idea of her on the road alone. But she is here and I love it.

I went grocery shopping for all of Lauren's favorite foods and planned everyone's favorite dinner Saturday night. We had Thanksgiving for Valentine's Day and it was perfect despite having to replace our three year old oven on Friday. The new one was installed a few hours before our feast so Greg got to smoke a turkey and even the most particular kids were impressed.


Our Valentine's were celebrated, loved and together.


In other news, Lauren and Taylor rescued a couple brothers in Texas. Meet Cheech and Chong, our grand-pups. Rumor has it they are as well behaved as Layla. Also, I am not yet taking kindly to being called Grandma and have insisted Mi-Mi is about the extent of what I will tolerate at this point in time.
Kate started campaigning this morning for a girls day at the outlet stores. Sister has had money burning a hole in her pocket since Christmas. All the girls met for shopping and ice cream because they are all always ready for time together and bargain shopping. It was the perfect way to spend a gorgeous 60 degree day in February.


And while we were out, Greg surprised Ty with a matinée of the new Lego Batman movie. Our little Batman was pretty excited, to say the least.

It has been a whirlwind week around here and the weekend could not have been more perfect.

No comments: