Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Tea Party

So he is literally climbing the walls these days.
Anne had lunch with her favorite kindergartener and mine today. She called to let me know my little guy was okay but he'd had a pretty rough morning. He thinks the big boys on the bus are his best friends and one told him today he couldn't sit with them anymore. His little heart was broken. And then he got his first color change at school. In his words, "it made my belly a little bit sick when I had to move my color". He made a small mistake at school and learned a lesson including how life goes on after color changes. Thanks to Anne's advanced warning, I was able to have a tea party waiting when the kids got off the bus to help turn sour moods around. It was a welcomed change of pace this afternoon.

Devyn was beyond excited when she learned we were having a tea party. She loves them and for some reason, they haven't been on my radar lately. I suspect we'll be revisiting them more frequently.

And then God showed off a bit at sunset. It had been raining all day but the sun appeared just in time to set. The sky was incredible.


1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

literally climbing walls! I love that adventurous boy :)