Thursday, July 23, 2015

When the Going Gets Tough

This was not my day. In truth, this has not been my week. The summary is that parenting is really hard. We've had more challenging moments than enjoyable this week and I was ready to throw in the towel by Wednesday. I prayed about it and escaped for some worship music on the river last night with the one compliant child in my brood and came away with the idea I needed to shake things up a bit and get the kids out of the house. I decided we'd pick peaches at Huber's Winery since we have not been this season. By mid morning today, one child had smeared poop across my living room floor. Another child had peed in a bed not belonging to her. And there was a bit of vomit. Be jealous my friends, be jealous.

Superman Ice Cream

I took five kids to the winery and ordered ice cream treats. Smarter women would have had the wine. After our sweet treats, we rode out to the peach orchard and collected half a box full.





Whereas the kids were picking peaches, I was wearing one....isn't he adorable?





After paying for peaches, we decided to tackle blackberries next. It really was just an excuse to once again ride the tractor back into the fields.

On the way home, Ava decided this was one of the best days this summer. She loved everything about this day except the part where there was poop everywhere. I concur Ava, I concur.

No comments: