Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Weekend Review

I kicked off the weekend determined to spend some quiet time with Kate and Ty. Together we painted a project I discovered on Pinterest and all of us enjoyed it. The results are a fun and colorful accent for their room.

Saturday morning I loaded up the kids for a donut run that took us by Kate's school. Ty looked longingly out the window and wondered aloud if perhaps Kate's teacher missed Kate that day because we miss her when she is with her teacher. In order to keep it real; however, a while later he was overheard announcing he hated Kate and would never play with her again. For the love.


We were invited to relax with Justin and Erin by a bonfire to talk about their future. It is an exciting season in their lives. Justin joined us at church for the first time today and discovered Northside is vastly different from the catholic upbringing he experienced. The new series is called "Breathe" and I have to say, as usual, God had a few words for me. Taking time to rest and intentionally seek the Lord is a message I needed to hear. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

We grounded one teen and chances are another will be by the end of today given my consistent prayer that my kids be caught when their actions are deceitful. It's a prayer I sometimes regret because it can ruin the most pleasant of evenings.

We hosted dinner for new friends and completed Kate's first school project. We rested but also feel rushed back into routine. I assume it will take some time to fall into place.

I have been wrestling with the book, Half the Sky this week. It isn't exactly easy reading nor does it lend itself to restful sleep but it's important. What I am supposed to do with the feelings being stirred remains unknown for the moment but I can't ignore what I now know. Raising daughters is never easy but we are beyond blessed to be doing it here.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love the art project and it looks great in their room!