Sunday, August 10, 2014

According to Brutus

Hi folks, I feel the need to interject a few opinions about my family since Mom typically is the only one talking about everyone.  First, I love all of them. I even like the dude who shows up several times a week to eat dinner which significantly reduces the table scraps that should be mine. He makes it up to me with french fries from McDonald's now and then so I tolerate the intrusion. After all, Erin really likes him and seeing her happy makes me happy.

Second, this house is crazy. People are always coming and going. The front door is open so much, it's ridiculous. So, I no longer feel it is my responsibility to greet everyone. Frankly I am too tired to get up every time someone comes to the door. As I said, someone is ALWAYS coming to that door. And the vehicle situation? It's out of control. I never know who I am going to greet when one of them returns to the driveway so I don't often bother to find out. I should have learned this years ago as the people now come to find me when they get home.

Third, I have resigned my post as body guard unless we are all outside. I still protect my yard and people from neighbor dogs but I have gotten to old to care about much else. Except food. I still like food as long as it's people food. My dog food has lost it's appeal so Mom buys me yogurt to mix with it. I still often pass on breakfast and dinner since Justin or Lauren could show up with fries. I really like fries. Erin says I probably have high cholesterol. I don't know what that means but it can't be bad because the fries are so good. I probably should have given up dog food years ago too.  It seems as though the parents have relaxed a lot about the table food rule now that I don't eat much.

Fourth, the little people in the house love on me all the time. I like them but I have to admit they make napping difficult because they are so loud! I need a day at the puppy spa for a long quiet nap, but I spend most of my days hiding in Mom's closet under the air conditioning vent for quality sleep. The only interruptions I have in there are when Mom sneaks away from everyone else for chocolate. She hides too. I suspect she would also appreciate a good nap.

Finally, I still love cuddle time, treats, sunbathing and attention but this getting old business is tiring. My people tell me I have a big birthday coming up next month. I will be ten years old. I hope I get fries and maybe some steak. 

All photo credits go to Makenna who pestered me well beyond nap time today. She thinks I am cute. I like her and nap time too. And fries. Did I mention the fries?

2 comments:

Jill May said...

I have a mental picture of you and Brutus hiding in your closet, him eating fries and you eating chocolate!LOL!!! :) I can't believe he is going to be 10! wow! Maybe fries are good for longevity!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Love that you all hide out in your closet :)