Monday, September 16, 2013

Santa? In September?

Out of the blue today, Kate mentioned how much she loves Christmas because some of her favorite books are Christmas themed and they come out of the attic with the tree every year. Ty jumped in to say that he likes Christmas because Santa brings him a present. Taking the bait, I ask what he would like Santa to bring him this year even though I am thinking, "how are we having this conversation in September!" Ty quickly answered that he would like another Buzz Lightyear figure like the one he was holding. He obviously has not thought about it and would once again be thrilled with anything Santa brings. But Kate all too confidently stated she knew exactly what she was asking for this year. She is asking for a puppy again. I reminded her that Santa let her know last year that he cannot bring puppies. She informed me that Santa was not able to bring a puppy last year because they had a shortage and that Santa would have that straightened out by now. I.AM.NOT.KIDDING.

I discreetly picked up the phone and walked to the back of the house to call Jennifer. "Remind me to smack your sister when I see her next. Santa should have been off limits." Jennifer simply stated Kate is too smart and she's going to need a few days to process the latest development in this little saga. She then asked me how Brutus was feeling! If you care to read how all of this began, I invite you to read this post followed by this post.

I live in chaos.

No comments: