Friday, September 20, 2013

I love my children

Tonight:
Erin informed me tonight she wrote Makenna out of gym class today.

Umm, excuse me?

Yes, she needed to miss swimming. I let the gym teacher know she would join them next week but needed today off. I put my cell number for him to call me if he had any questions.

Erin, you are not her mother.

I know but I needed to continue my legacy and it's been awhile since I excused anyone from school.

The things I have learned since she completed high school.


And this conversation took place in the car this afternoon:
Kate mentioned my upcoming birthday. She then clarified 40 is old. Right?

Yes Kate, from what I have been told, 40 is old. Why?

Well, I am trying to think of people older than you. Daddy is older than you.

Yes he is.

And Grandma and Grandpa are older than you too.

Yes they are.

Mom, the only other people I can think of that are older than you are dead.

Thanks Honey.



4 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I am cracking up!

Jill May said...

My sides hurt from laughing!!! I think I will forget to tell her that Aunt Jill is older than mommy...

Baughman Family said...

Jill, the best part was how serious she was....she was not trying to be funny. She was truly trying to find out who was older than me and later did recall you had your birthday a few months ago. She also remembered that I have aunts and uncles older than me. It took her all day!

Jill May said...

She is a hoot! She just about had me for dead! Haha!!! But, with the way our ages are, I will get to have my AARP a few months before you do... ;)