Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy birthday Dad

My dad celebrated his birthday today. I watched the sun set this evening while talking with him on the phone about life in general and the world we live in post 9/11. He has a twenty year military background and sees the world through a different lens than me. I appreciate his world view even if I don't always agree with his opinions. We are generally safe to discuss politics and religion. I love that about our relationship.

Ask him how old he turned today and he will answer he isn't as old as my mom. He will then add that he won't ever catch up. I tend to remind him that he may have limited birthdays left if he doesn't lay off Mom. She's going to get even someday.
Kate finished her quilt. It is waiting in the cradle my grandpa made for Erin when she was a little girl. Tomorrow a baby doll will be cozy.

1 comment:

TeamWilmore said...

Kate did a fantastic job!!!!

Ha - Matt is 1.5 years younger than me and he ribs me about it all the time. One of these days, he might just get an elbow in HIS ribs.