Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We've got Trouble

So that whole "seeing the good in the hard" thing I mentioned Sunday? I'm working on it. Life has thrown me a lot of situations I can use to hone that skill.
I left my sweet husband a note informing him I turned off the water after discovering our leak had increased to over 200 gallons per day. At this rate, we will need our tax return to pay this month's water bill. It is always something. I do love this man but I have to say that discovering holes in arbitrary locations in our drywall when I returned from an hour long play date with the kids left me with an opportunity to work on my goal to respond rather than react. Ty joined in the search for the leak by grabbing his stethoscope and tools providing he cute factor I elected to focus on in that moment. Our plumber friend received two calls from our house today. I am praying he can stop my husband tomorrow. I was told jackhammers would be needed in my floors and now I also need a drywall repairman.
It's a journey.
Erin captured this one recently....see the Nutella?
This little boy in particular has had some adorable moments lately. "We've got trouble" is a line he's claimed and uses regularly. He is so serious when he says it too. Keeping a straight face is a challenge.
This morning he asked me for candy prior to breakfast. Before I could answer he informed me I have "got to stop saying no to candy because that's a problem". I said no anyway. 

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

and you were worried that you needed to lock up the tools before Ty got any crazy ideas to put holes in the wall ;)