Monday, January 28, 2013

Rock Star

The older three girls were at odds all afternoon Sunday and I reached my limit with the bickering around 6pm. I sent them all to their rooms to write in the journals we use to correspond with one another. At times we journal regularly and then weeks will pass between entries. I love having an additional way to connect. This was the first time I insisted they talk to me about the underlying issues through the journals. Kate must have felt left out because I received a note on a plain piece of notebook paper today....

Dear Mom,
Makenna is allways mean to me eavin whin I am not mean to her. And Lauren is sumtimes mean whin I am not mean to her. And Erin is sumtimes mean to me eavin whin I am not mean to her.
Kate Ryan Baughman
Kate and the neighbors have formed a band. Kate plays guitar, Grady plays the drums and Mabry sings. Angels appear to be their theme and Mabry's written all of their songs. The funny aspect is how backward and shy Mabry comes across. She hardly looks us in the eye and won't speak very loudly, often prompting Kate to answer for her but hand that girl a fake microphone behind a closed door and sister can belt it like a rock star.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love Kate's letter to you :)