Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Glimpse

Ty exclaimed "chicken butt" with a look of pure glee on his face. He then quickly asked me if it was a bad word. I decided to test a theory and told him it wasn't. The expression on his face was one of absolute defeat. He was clearly disappointed. I had to hide my laugh. This little test was immediately on the heels of him informing me I couldn't be pretty because I am a mom. Thanks buddy.

Erin is taking four AP courses at school this semester. She is also taking a college course through Ivy Tech. She is well on her way to wrapping up her freshman year credits before the fall. Her high school determined this would be permitted on Monday when it was clear she had no other class options available at school. So we were in a mad rush to get her enrolled before classes start next Monday. It is always something.
It was a little bittersweet to have her taking care of business on a college campus this afternoon while I was at the grocery getting text message updates. We've started a new chapter in our lives.  I am glad we are easing into this season.
These two have had a lot of time together lately and it shows. They are either being silly or bickering non stop. Oh Joy. I had forgotten how exasperating the constant arguing can be. The older kids have outgrown it and I honestly thought these two were far apart enough in age to not need to engage in it. I.was.wrong.

No comments: