Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kate's Handmade Christmas

Per our conversation a few months ago, the older girls indicated they weren't interested in decorating for Christmas and really didn't care much for the tree so I allowed Kate to create her own special touches. We made applesauce and cinnamon ornaments with cookie cutters. She made paper snowflakes for the tree and then went a little crazy in her room with colorful ones too....it's a little "Clark Griswald" in style but girlfriend is happy! We spent countless hours stringing cranberries and popcorn and even made an advent chain to help us count down the days until Christmas. I borrowed a playful tree topper from my friend, Jennifer. It's Santa's sleigh rotating around the top of the tree. It's rather adorable. Mom allowed me to use Grandma's quilt as a tree skirt and I was able to display Grandma's nativity this year too as Ty is a little more trustworthy and Colby can't yet reach the shelf it sits upon! My favorite nativity is displayed on Greg's childhood bible.....just a few personal touches to make it feel special amongst the busyness that is "the most wonderful time of the year".










1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I LOVE how the tree turned out!