Sunday, December 18, 2011

Special Friends

Don't you hate it when you think you've captured a really special moment only to find it didn't work once you download photos to your computer? I cannot tell you how bummed I am to have missed the sweet connection Kate has with our friend Kenny. Pam and Kenny lived across the street from us in Ohio and they venture our way every couple of months to hang out and eat....we always have to eat and we do it well! Kate just adores Kenny and they spent the better part of an hour cozied up in the corner of the sofa talking and looking through scrapbooks. Erin thought she caught the moment and when we saw the image we quickly noted that Kate appeared to have a broken neck!.....I'm disappointed. Next time.
But all is not lost......(did I mention we eat?) They brought me a little something I miss from Ohio. Esther Price Chocolates!!! Oh yeah!

I'd show you the actual chocolates but all those empty wrappers would just look tacky;).

Our sweet friend Paige had her second surgery on Friday. Her top left rib was removed just like they removed the right in October. This recovery appears to be a little more challenging for her as her spirits aren't as high and her pain has not been easily managed. It's tough to see her in pain. We hope to have her home in the next day or so to make pampering easy....she's requested apple glazed pork chops with slow cooked green beans for her first dinner at home. I'm ready to indulge her! A child in pain gets just about anything they want from me! I love you Paige and hope to see you bouncing through the door soon.

No comments: