Friday, July 16, 2010

It's a JOB!

Greg and I made the decision that it is time for me to pick up a part time job to help meet our growing expenses. School fees of $500 (insane I know!) for ONE kid in public school and the needs of our home school helped seal the deal....it's always something.  I applied at Target and Meijer since those are the places I tend to shop so I can multitask (get what I need while I am there with a discount)....anyway, I interviewed with Target yesterday and they offered me a job that is going to work out better for me than I dreamed possible in retail. They need a person who is willing to come in at 5:45am and work a 6 hour shift Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays pulling clothes off the truck and putting them on the sales floor. It seems they need a detail oriented perfectionist (hmm)! That schedule will not take away from my family time or prevent me from meeting their needs. It is perfect. God given. I am grateful. They asked the best question in the first of two interviews. "Describe a time you had to multi-task, who was involved and what was the out come?". I simply replied, "I have five kids". The interviewer responded, "enough said"! I laughed and elaborated that sitting in that chair talking with her was the first time I could remember in a long time that I wasn't multi-tasking and feel free to take a very long time!

No comments: