Friday, March 24, 2023

Week Twelve/The Birthdays



While Greg and I worked this week, the kids ran a small pet sitting service. Ty had a neighbor's dog and a friend's cat. Kate had another neighbor's dog and we all had Erin's cat. Fortunately only one extra cat stayed with us. The rest remained in their own homes with the kids constantly running to care for them. Ty absolutely loves doing it. 


Makenna worked intersession for struggling kindergarteners this week but squeezed in one visit to the reading lab to see how we support reading skills in my building. She was excited to see we use Secret Stories and walked away with new tools of her own. 






Last weekend, as I recovered from a severe flare, Greg drove me to Dayton to surprise a friend on her 50th birthday. She is the first of three in our friend group this year to mark this milestone and I hope we get to mark each one together. I still required a lot of sleep but was mostly pain free and feeling human again. I am so glad we were able to be there. 

I slipped away Wednesday afternoon for a salt water float. It was a unique experience that helped remove a significant amount of inflammation from my body. The benefits were felt through the following day so I booked a second float next week. As I navigate next steps medically, it's lovely to incorporate something that is not only relaxing but also beneficial.


These two have been sharing birthday celebrations for twenty eight years. 

Erin and Greg were celebrated with a family dinner this evening. My parents drove over to join us for the usual laughter and shenanigans that ensue when our group gathers. 

No comments: