Friday, March 17, 2023

Week Eleven

This old barn near my house brings me considerable joy. Every spring daffodils bloom in the shape of a cross and I look forward to it annually. A coworker who grew up in this town told me that cross was planted in the 60's and the descendants of that property owner freshen up old bulbs periodically. 

The weekend was rejuvenating. Kate bought her first car. Greg and I grabbed warm beverages and ran errands together. I hung out with Anna and Ava for a few hours, playing games and painting. Kate and I taught pre-k Sunday school together and laughed at the antics of four year olds. Then both Erin and Makenna visited for lunch. It was good. 

We laughed that Home Depot doesn't have cup holders in their carts. It's almost like they don't know they are a date destination.








Diesel can't decide who to snuggle with when the girls visit. He loves them all so much. I appreciate the break because generally speaking, I am his person.

Replacing a brake light bulb before running to the BMV. She loves this little car so I was shocked when she called me laughing the FIRST day she drove it to school because someone backed into it. There was no damage but she literally sat in her parking spot, waiting on the lot to disperse so nothing would happen to it and got bumped anyway. Isn't that just the way life goes sometimes?

The week was bumpy and wore me out. I ended with a horrible arthritis flare that also encompassed muscles from head to toe. The joints alone were bad enough but the muscle pain took it to a whole new level of awful. It was the first of it's kind in many years. I hope at least another decade passes before I endure another. I'm still pretty run down but feel the fog of the flare lifting. It's been a rough couple of days. 

While we experience yet another cold front with damp, windy air, Lauren is hiking and swimming. Pray for her. 



No comments: