Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Milestones

Anne called yesterday and mentioned she can't believe the milestone my daughter will be reaching this year. I questioned which daughter. One is getting married. One is having a baby. One is graduating high school and one is becoming a teenager. She laughed. She was referring to Kate. To which I replied, "you would believe it if you lived here". And from there we decided we should use our health savings accounts to buy wine.

All three of my children returned from school in tears on Monday. And then they all went to bed crying once again. This morning one child decided to pick up where she left off last night. This mom is over it. ALL.THE.TEARS! We Baughmans need Spring Break.

The combined energy of this crew is no joke. Trevor, who happens to be celebrating his first birthday today is a sweetheart. However, he watches the other two so closely we are bound to ruin him despite all my pleading he just stay sweet.


Big brother Levi has always been a force to reckon with. He will do great things in the world. This is what his momma and I tell ourselves anyway. Isn't it the truth? We want them strong and determined but also want them to just do what we say!


And then there is this little girl. Ava's spirit is second to none. I love her contagious laughter and pure zest for life, even if she wears me out.

Add the dog I swear needs medicated and my days are full of questionable commentary and insane requests like, "please stop licking her" (directed at children, not the dog) and "are you new here?" This is why God gave me nap time.

No comments: