Saturday, March 3, 2018

Living the Dream


Friday night at 6:30, I handed Greg the proverbial baton. Goodnight, I said and went to bed. He didn't believe me. Twelve hours later, I woke when Ty crawled into bed with us already talking about something he saw on Star Wars at Kellen's. Within minutes, Kate also joined us and acted like she was going to kiss her brother. This lead to some tickling and whole lot of laughter. Intriqued, Layla whom we affectionately call Big Girl hopped up full of her wriggly self and started kissing everyone good morning. It was then I declared we needed a bigger bed and my hubby trumped me, "nope, better locks on the bedroom door."


Within hours, the bickering between siblings resumed and a door was slammed. Ty discovered like his sisters before him how awesome it feels to open and close a door silently ten times. This tends to diffuse the impact of a slammed door.

We are on baby watch. Little Austin's arrival is anticipated in a big way. Poor Lauren is hearing from all three sets of parents inquiring how she feels and if he might be ready yet. Austin may not be but his momma sure is. She says she cannot wait to never be pregnant again!

Bridesmaid and wedding dresses have all been purchased including two for me. I wasn't looking for dresses when I found mine which is likely the easiest way to achieve such lofty goals. So I have both a dress for the wedding and also the shower. Kristin has a pair of strappy heels that should work with both so I have mentally checked myself off as ready. Makenna objects to the shoes and continues to shop for alternatives she finds appropriate. Erin has also declared I need to wear makeup for the first time in a decade so I don't look washed out in her wedding photos. Teach them to talk they said. Empower them to find their voice they said. It will be fun they said. "They" are not my friends.

No comments: