Friday, March 9, 2018

Austin Ryan Baird

We could not be more excited to announce the arrival of Austin Ryan Baird. He was born Wednesday, March 7 at 8:44am. He weighed 7 lbs 6 ounces and was 20 inches long. In our totally unbiased opinions, he is absolutely perfect.


Lauren was sent to labor and delivery from her doctor's appointment on Tuesday afternoon due to some unexpected issues and was supposed to be induced that night. Our rock star of a daughter went into labor on her own.



Whereas I realize I am not the first new grandmother on the planet, you guys have to know this gig is amazing.  I cannot fully express in words the emotions I am processing. I am so proud of Lauren and Taylor....like gushing levels of pride. They worked so well together in that delivery room. They were strong and together did this hard, painful but beautiful thing like they owned the experience. Taylor proudly smiling about Lauren dressing down a rude a doctor with class and how they advocated for each other in tough moments. But hearing my baby cry as she brought her baby into the world? I cannot yet pull it together. Every time my mind goes back to that moment, the tears flow. I swear this is as emotional as bringing one of my own babies into the world, but better. Austin is perfect, healthy and according to all his unbiased grandparents, obviously very advanced ☺.  He was alert and checking us out for a few hours Wednesday evening.  His bright eyes turning to hear his Papaw Keith and lifting his head off Gigi Brooke's shoulder for a closer look at a light.  His little forehead creased into a serious expression as we welcomed him into our family with stories of so many excited aunts and uncles. This baby was born into the best kind of crazy and he is so loved. I am beyond smitten.





Lauren and Taylor navigated this experience beautifully together. I could not be more proud of them.


After all, the results are perfect.


No comments: