Friday, September 19, 2014

This Week

We celebrated Brutus' birthday on Tuesday. Our big guy is now ten years old. The kids insisted we have a steak dinner in honor of his day so he could get the meaty steak bone as a treat. I seriously doubt as much consideration will be shown on my birthday but they could always surprise me. Anyway, Lauren then went and got him a small order of fries and a package of dog treats. Brutus was as spoiled as he should be.
Hope For Harper

Our entire town went gold for Harper today. Harper is the little girl I referenced in this post. We all wore our Hope For Harper tee shirts and either gold or pink accessories because Gold represents childhood cancer and pink is Harper's favorite color. Please keep this sweet family in your prayers.

Fourteen is hard. Each and every time. I should be an expert on these hormonal moments by now but they simply don't get any easier and each daughter tackles fourteen their own unique way. Mom could use a break.

And while we're on the subject, three is also full of challenges. This time around, I get to send said three year old home at the end of the day but long days are certain when the three year old is determined to rule the world.
This is trouble.

We have lived two miles from the drive-in movie theater for the last 8 years and I am taking the kids for the first time tonight. It is the drive-in's 63rd birthday so admission will be 63 cents per person. That price point is right up my ally, even if it is for a movie we already own and lose brain cells watching.

Five year olds are very literal people. I teased Lauren at the doctor today about being a good girl and not crying should she need an antibiotic shot. I laughed and said she'd get ice cream if she was a good girl. Ty over heard me and on our way out of the office excitedly informed two year old Anna we'd be getting ice cream next. It was ten o'clock in the morning. Of course we ran into people we knew as I ordered ice cream for small children at 10 am.

As we pulled in to pick up Lauren's prescription after getting ice cream, she pointed out a new truck she'd like to have. Once again, my sarcastic approach to this motherhood gig got the best of me and I casually mentioned letting her take my debit card to buy a new truck this afternoon.  While waiting on the medicine, Ty told a stranger in line we were buying a new truck today. I cracked up. Clearly, I am a slow learner.

Kate attended a "bring your friend for free" dance class with Gleason Wednesday. Kate appreciated the opportunity to wear her ballet clothes and see Glea who is often only here the hours Kate attends school.

1 comment:

Jill May said...

Ice cream at 10am sounds like a great idea to me! And the kittens are just adorable!