Thursday, September 25, 2014

Katebug

Greg and I requested a conference with Kate's teacher this week. She willingly met with us, fully prepared with several samples of Kate's work and a lot of encouraging things to say about her personality and character. We appreciated her thoroughness and honesty about the test prep work being done in the classroom. Philosophically we are on the same page and it was refreshing to hear from her. She shared Kate's latest writing sample and it touched my heart. She wrote about the day she and I worked with her new sewing machine to make a quilt. She documented the frustrations we had with the machine as it repeatedly broke down on us. She talked about the final result being a cozy blanket she slept with that night. The ending was awesome. "That day with my mom was the best day ever!" On the hard days when I pray my best parenting is enough to keep my kids out of therapy, it does my heart good to hear how much they appreciate my efforts.
She has a charming tendency to start conversations mid-thought. She wanders in and out of subjects as she recounts her day and I have to pay close attention to follow along. Her bubbly enthusiasm for life is contagious. These photos were taken this week because Kate discovered flower girl dresses from Uncle Brad's wedding in the dress up bin. It was as good a reason as any to celebrate and document the occasion. Who knows, maybe we've created another "best day ever".


1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I love your sweet Katebug - she is such a wonderful girl!