Thursday, June 19, 2014

Relationships







We wrapped up Greg's vacation week with friends here for dinner two times last weekend. Lingering on the back patio by a fire on a cooler evening and then under the shade of an umbrella a warmer Sunday. We have plans to see grandparents and send a kid to church camp in the coming weeks. My parents are moving and then by the end of July, we'll be sending kids back to school. It simply doesn't seem possible. Where is my summer down time?
Each of the kids made Greg a card last week. Ty had help but all the answers were his. (He can run faster than "my dad cannot run". He can lift "a school". He is really good at "grilling". He makes the best "chicken". He is funny when he "tickles me". He likes to "talk". He is a super hero because "he has a superman shirt". )


Erin and Justin determined I would meet his mother this week. They were relentless about plans; arranging babysitting and transportation. (I still have nothing to drive most days and I would like to remedy that sooner rather than later). Anyway, I met them for dinner Tuesday and really like Justin's mom. She is sweet. I noted how close Erin already feels to her as she joked around about Justin and how messy Erin keeps her room. Justin already acts like one of my kids so I guess it's only natural Debbie feels the same toward Erin. I love knowing that as they consider the future, both would have extended family they value.

Makenna was upset about a social situation this weekend and Lauren took her out for milkshakes, a long talk and bonding. I love seeing their relationship blossom. They stuck together throughout the Gatlinburg trip and haven't gone their separate ways since returning. It is refreshing. Lauren's friend text Makenna asking how she was a few hours after that conversation indicating to me that she is building that relationship among her peers as well. 

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Aw, I love Ty's answers on the Father's Day Card - what a cute idea!!!