Monday, June 23, 2014

Cast of Characters

The text read, "I haven't heard from you in quite awhile. How are you?" To which I replied, "doing well, just keeping 8 kids aged 9 and under today so my judgement and sanity are questionable. How are you?" There was a two week span this month I had a house full of extra kids for a few days each. Makenna was my trusty paid sidekick and she rode the turbulence well. 
The One Year Old:
Mr. Personality believes he is in charge around here. I significantly underestimated this one when we first met last year. He was the sweet, quiet and laid back one; however, his attitude now matches his hair and he is a blast.

I can assure you this wasn't a bowl of green veggies.
The Two Year Olds:

Miss Anna is just getting to know us. She can't yet say my name but yells, "She-Rah" at the top of her lungs repeatedly when she wants my attention. I am calling it my superhero name. She is sweet and spirited in a pretty little package.

Karston returned last week for the summer! We adore this little guy; always have. 

The Three Year Old:
Devyn's so regular around here, our days are off when she isn't around. She and Ty fight and love like siblings. She says, "I love you" often and is known for her memory. The kid literally forgets nothing. 
The Four Year Olds:


These guys have nothing in common. I wish Gleason and Ty would interact more but Gleason believes Kate hung the moon and is not easily persuaded to play with anyone except Kate.
 
The Six Year Old and The Nine Year Old:



Cooper and Kate became fast friends when they met last fall. They wrote a book together with my support during a miraculous afternoon when all of the above were napping. They illustrated their story together, passing a very hot afternoon in the air conditioning. 

 
Click here to view this photo book larger
Shutterfly allows you to customize your photo book just the way you want.




2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Awesome book! Story was very creative and I love the wedding picture :)

TeamWilmore said...

Oh my goodness! Their book is fantastic! Kate is so talented with her photography and now writing and illustrating too! Your kiddos definitely inherited your talent and creativity!

I giggled all the way through the precious cast of characters ... you'll have to add in the teens and adults! :)