Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Photo Challenge Day 7

Today's challenge was "with Dad". Kate decided to focus on her favorite activity with her Dad. Archery is one of the few activities we can use to engage the entire family.
photo credit Kate Ryan
I decided to capture Makenna's final day of 8th grade. Cheers to the end of middle school! Greg and Makenna were as compliant as usual.

And now the big reveal. We attended Devyn's birthday party at a local church on Saturday. The church is in the process of remodeling a few of their kids' rooms and needed to unload tables and chairs. I was approached about taking one set given how many little people hang out with me during the week. I spent the next few hours processing how I could make one work in our house; loving the prospect of an art table, snack table and little chairs that would be accessible without assistance. As it stood, the dining table and counters were taking a beating with all the paint and such we dished out and the littlest ones weren't able to easily participate.

As much as I loved the orange color as a whole, it really didn't work well in our space. I opted for a neutral antique white and then used colors in other areas of the house for accents on the chairs. The table has changed location a few times which has led to a few other changes in the living room and foyer but I think I have a workable arrangement for now.

Tomorrow, five extra kids will decent upon the house. We'll see how well it works out. Makenna is already thrilled, stating the chairs are fun size like her. Sadly, they ARE a perfect fit for her!

3 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I like the table and chairs but I think I am going to have to see it in person...maybe over a cup of tea or *hot chocolate one night? Just a thought.

Baughman Family said...

come on up! Anytime!

Jill May said...

I love it! So cute! And if you all are getting together for one of your "special" hot chocolates, then I must find a way to join you!!! ;)