Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Kids

Kate and Makenna were negotiating the purchase price of an iPod this evening. Kate bought it from Erin a year ago for $40. Makenna's broke and she wants to replace it with Kate's since eight year old children have no need for an iPod, but Kate drives a hard bargain. Kate offered it up for $100. Makenna countered $30. Kate refused but then offered $50 with rights to borrow it. Makenna countered $36, no borrowing privileges but added a trip to Justice together to spend her new found fortune. The sisters reached an agreement. I missed the conclusion though because I had to walk outside to laugh hysterically. The expressions on each of their faces as they haggled were priceless.

Ty was invited bowling for the first time with a neighbor this afternoon. He returned home beyond excited about his experience. He had a blast and I wish I could have joined them to see him in action. Kenna asked him how he scored and he said he "got some thirteens". Smile.

We had a new friend over this week. Ty didn't interact much with him which surprised me because Ty is always playing with neighbor kids, especially the older boys. At bedtime that night, I asked him about his new friend and he said he can't be his friend because he has bad breath. I suggested he may brush his teeth before returning. In Ty's opinion, there is no hope.  Of course the kid who swung the bat that left Ty's eye looking like this is the same friend he went bowling with today. Ty's mind never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: