Sunday, August 25, 2013

The weekend

We celebrated Brennen's ninth birthday yesterday. Apparently he was busy because I don't have a single photo of him to share, but we were there and it was a blast. 

My nephews were given a new kitten this week and my kiddos were smitten. Ty really wants a kitty at our house. If it weren't for allergies and my opposition to litter boxes, I would agree a kitten would be a fun addition to our house. 



At this point, Erin rescued said kitten from the very busy hands of multiple kids. Marlo was content. Erin was too. When she was ten, she wanted a black cat named Mascara.  

Playing at Brennen and Mason's house is always an adventure. They have really cool big boy toys. Ty loves going but says the car ride takes too long. Ty is right. We all wish we lived closer.
Friday night was popcorn and a movie night. I popped two full batches only to have Ty refuse a single serving bowl. He was certain all of it was for him. 
And today, my neighbor bravely took my little ones to a local water park. I kept trying to talk her out of including Ty but she insisted the zero entry water feature would be awesome for my little guy. I still think she's crazy but every one returned safe, tired and full of stories. It was a good weekend.

1 comment:

Jill May said...

The birthday cake is amazing!!!! Love it!!!!