Friday, March 22, 2013

My drug rant

Fair warning. I am emotional. A friend has a nephew who is addicted to Heroine. So is his girlfriend. They have a three year old boy and a baby girl on the way. I am angry. I am sad. That sweet boy sleeps on a dog bed, with the dog. The house is deplorable and CPS refuses to investigate. I cannot understand it. Once this little one is born, drug addicted as well, theory is that someone will step in. But I know from Ryan's experience that as long as someone can legally abort their baby, drug addicted babies who pass away are not investigated. It's a "choice". And to that I say, BULL.

Lauren spent her morning talking with a friend experimenting with cough syrup and weed. She was upset and determined to get him to see why his choices are so damaging. Frustrated doesn't begin to express her feelings. We were both in tears after she hang up. This is another situation where the parents are not only aware but providing the drugs. Where do we go with that? At 14, 15 and 16 they believe drugs are "harmless". These kids are reverting to what they know, thanks to their parents. You know, the ones who are supposed to be protecting and educating them?!?  It's their escape. I want to love on them. I want to shake them. I want to go after their parents. I feel helpless and conflicted. I am angry. I am sad.

2 comments:

KaraD said...

“It is quite natural and inevitable that, if we spend sixteen hours daily of our waking lives in thinking about the affairs of the world and five minutes in thinking about God and our souls, this world will seem two hundred times more real to us than God.” ― William Ralph Inge

As hard as it is (I am grappling with it too) we must remember the injustice will face a just God and we do all that we can for ours and what we can as we are called. Still doesn't sit well. Everyone should be entitled at birth to love and respect.

KaraD said...

At life, not birth, at life definitely before birth to love and respect.