Sunday, March 10, 2013

Aunt Kristin

Kristin brought her family down for the weekend. We enjoyed beautiful weather, a good walk, great conversation and calorie rich food. None of the calories counted though because we shared. We looked forward to seeing the boys interact but failed to grab the camera the entire weekend. So let me draw you a picture.....Avry is holding a bat making his "mean face" and Ty is crying. That should cover it. Ty cried at the drop of a hat and Avry spent a lot of time in time-out. Kristin and I needed referee whistles and duct tape. At some point, they will be friends. Or not. It doesn't matter. Their mommas love each other.

Greg, Chris and Ethan incorporated a trip to Bass Pro Shops and have plans to check out the new Cabela's once it opens next month. These kids stand no chance of avoiding each other. The dads enjoy each others company as well.

Kristin created a beautiful album for Erin's upcoming 18th birthday using her Senior photos. Time is truly slipping through our fingers. Kristin kept commenting she cannot believe we are hitting such big milestones. It was Kristin who taught Erin how to count in Spanish by allowing her to jump on the bed during a date night Greg and I took just before Lauren was born. "Aunt Kristin" has always been an active part of her life and is also processing, "how did we get here already?" It was more than appropriate to have Kristin and Chris take her Senior photos. They also wanted to capture both the little girl we still hear telling us sweet stories and pulling "pretty cute" outfits together while also acknowledging the beautiful young woman she's become.

This shot takes us back to kindergarten....the expression being one she's made for years.

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

You know I am always good for the duct tape if you need any ;)

So glad you all had a wonderful visit - love the picture of Erin!!! - beautiful

Jill May said...

I am so glad you had a fun weekend together! I feel like it was the other day that you and I had lunch at Arby's and you told me you were expecting Erin. And the day after that, she was a 5 year old sitting on my lap at my baby shower, as I told her that the baby would have the same name as her. At that moment I didn't know they would have the same birthday, too! Erin is such a beautiful, smart, and incredibly witty girl, I just love her! And also her boots. I want them.