Saturday, March 23, 2013

Legal.

This gorgeous baby is 18 today. Where did the time go? She is hilarious. She is smart. She makes me smile. I love her quick whit and appreciate her world view. Her sense of fashion has evolved but her style is still very much her own.
 We couldn't be prouder of the young woman she's become. Happy birthday baby. We love you.
Kate discovered these key chains at Justice a few months ago. She immediately insisted upon buying them for Erin's birthday. I held her off believing she would forget about them. Weeks passed but periodically she would mention them. I finally consented when she said she needed them so Erin would have something to remember her by when she moves away for college.  Erin opened them last night because Kate couldn't wait any longer. Erin grinned appreciatively until Kate told her why they were so important. At that point, she couldn't speak as she embraced her little sis with quiet tears streaming down her face. 

3 comments:

BrianS said...

Makes me smile and cry at the same time :) Love the keychains! And...I can't believe how much Ty looks like Erin and Lauren. Happy birthday, Erin!!! -R

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I agree with the above comment - crying and smiling all at the same time and yes, Ty does resemble her alot in the baby pictures.

The thought behind the keychain is so sweet.

Happy Birthday Erin!!!

Jill May said...

Happy 18th, sweet girl!!! We are so proud of the awesome young woman you have grown up to be. Even though it makes me feel old. Really, really old.