Saturday, September 8, 2012

Confession

I woke to cooler temps and crisp fall air this morning. It took me exactly sixty seconds to throw open all my windows, turn off the a/c and decide I needed to haul out the fall decorations. It was in the 90's this week but I am on my second bag of candy corn anyway. It hit the shelves and I thought, "I need this. It's for fall". So, by candy corn standards, fall actually started in August this year.
 



Some of us headed out to pick apples and find a few little pumpkins to aid my need to decorate this morning. I love this season's warm hues. Pumpkins, candles, fresh air, light sweaters....I crave it all. I suspect the drought this summer will destroy the beauty of turning leaves but I am hopeful; perhaps we'll still catch some glimpses.
 
 
 


Last night's storm restored a little water in our neighborhood creek. The littlest people in my house couldn't wait to explore it again.
 

My guys.....sporting their Buckeye apparel. I couldn't care less about anything sports related but that man of mine's moods are directly linked to how well his team plays; therefore, I quietly support OSU.

2 comments:

Jill May said...

Oh, how I would have loved to have been at Huber's with you today!!! That place is wonderful, and I also want to reach in to that pic of Ty and kiss his sweet little face!!! I miss you all!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I always go by 'candy corn' standards as to when it's actually fall :)

Love the pictures - especially the b&w of Ty and Kate walking in the apple orchard.