Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Step away from the glue gun

This sweet face has nothing to do with this post. It happens. I have been on pinterest a little too much lately. Greg would have to agree. I only browse a few minutes every couple of days but it is enough to have me knee deep in paint, glue, fabric, home improvement stores, etc. The "to do" list is growing as my creative energy cannot be contained. Spring fever is likely contributing too but I just can't seem to stop myself. It all started with the door. I love it. I really love that robin egg blue. Erin and I chose that color because we have it in a couple throw pillows in the living room. We now have it on bar stools, picture frames and table runners. It sort of snowballed and may be out of control.
Greg is building benches to replace our mix matched dining chairs that are beyond one more repair. Given they were all hand me downs or garage sale finds, we are pleased with our cheap solution. If we were only working on dining benches, Greg would be happy. BUT.... we are also replacing the flooring in our foyer, living room and hallway. That was another project we knew we couldn't avoid much longer but the addition of these little trouble makers expedited it.
It will be another working spring break and birthday for Greg, but I love getting into home improvement with him. We work together planning, shopping and installing. Our dates to the Home Depot are becoming famous.  If you happen to be around for this year's spring break, stop by. I'll feed you after you help demo ceramic tile, remove carpet and move very large and heavy pieces of furniture. An offer you can't refuse? I didn't think so.

No comments: