Monday, March 5, 2012

Procrastination

It's March and we finally got enough snow to actually cover the ground.....four inches in our yard! I've had photo ideas brewing all winter long and only needed mother nature to cooperate to pull them off. Or so I thought. It appears that I also needed the schools to issue a snow day and my teenagers to believe their hair is always beautiful! One actually had the nerve to tell me that I need to plan ahead for photos. Hello! I can't force the weather to cooperate with your good hair days! Sigh. My little ones enjoyed our outing to the park I've had in mind for the perfect snow photos until we discovered it was closed. Lines were pulled across the entrance so we couldn't get into the wooden area at all. Again, sigh.






And these little guys.....they need a home sooner rather than later. Protests of our "temporary" situation are intensifying. Lauren refuses to believe we are allowing them to find permanent homes. Their presence has expedited our need to replace carpet and now that the chewing phase has arrived in full force, they need to go before furniture is also destroyed. As adorable as they are, they've worn out their welcome.



 
I have a serious task ahead of me and I am avoiding it. I am a people pleaser, to a fault. I don't like feeling like I've let anyone down. I have been asked to take on a larger role within our church. Greg and I have been in serious discussions about reigning in our family and getting us out of the rat race we've felt stuck in since August. This school year has been a huge adjustment with the drive that takes up two hours and 60 miles daily. Our church weekend adds another 120 miles just to keep up with everyone's individual services and volunteer hours. We are passing each other throughout the day and evening with barely enough time to cover the "needs attention now" list. It isn't healthy and Greg has felt strongly that it is time to do something to make this madness stop. Seeing that man die at work a few weeks ago really opened his eyes. If we aren't proactive about maintaining healthy family interactions, time will slip away in the busyness. I am not only choosing to not accept the leadership position but I am backing out of my volunteer obligations for a season. It will be the first time since Erin was a baby that I have not been in the classroom with the exception of the period around Greg's ankle fusion and Ty's birth. Our church is in transition so this decision is weighing heavily on me. It is the right thing for our family but hard for me to process as it means letting others down.
Ministry at home comes first and I have lots of little people to love on.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Great pictures, there's one of Ty that I absolutely love!
Your last sentence is so very true. Speaks volumes.