Thursday, March 29, 2012

Morning Tidbits

Mia needed a potty break at midnight. I had only been in bed an hour. Afterward, I looked for an easy option to get her back to sleep quickly, so she slept with Brutus in Lauren's bed. Lauren has not yet slept in that bed this spring break. It worked beautifully. I woke her after my "alarm" went off at 6:45 am. The first sounds of the morning were, "Mommy, get into the kitchen. Ty is hungry." This particular alarm does not have a snooze button.

When I entered my kitchen I noticed additional writing on the menu board from Erin, who has grounded herself because "we don't know how to be parents". That addition read as follows, "you are what you eat? Funny, I don't remember eating any sexy beasts". She's one of a kind.

My morning routine is out of whack. My entire house is out of whack. A lot of my neighbors are curious about the flooring process so we've had a parade of visitors seeing my dust. The house is a disaster. This little project has shown me just how weak I am. I need instant gratification. I want a quick and easy makeover, not a messy, dirt revealing, time consuming transformation. I can't take it. We have friends who survived a complete kitchen remodel that lasted months. Those people are my heroes. But I digress, I made the alarm his first of many breakfasts and started my cup of tea. The gliding rocker I have sat in to start my tea each morning for over seventeen years is tucked away in my filthy garage so I sat on the vacant steps and stared at the work to be done today. A few moments later, I popped a few Advil. The day has started.

Mia, shared the steps with me this morning.....she doesn't know she is homeless. Apparently, very few do as we still have no one willing to adopt her.
And she does have her own bowls, with easy access but she finds the challenge of eating Brutus' breakfast too inviting.
And finally, Mia likes to help with Daddy's "vacuum". Ty loves his new "vacuum" too.

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

The floor looks amazing - it's going to be gorgeous and so worth the dust and dirt when it's all over.

Jill May said...

It looks awesome, you will be so glad that all the carpeting in that room is gone. Wood is so much easier to keep clean! Mia is cute, I hope she finds a home soon! Not MY home, mind you, but a home other than yours!!! LOL!!!