Friday, May 13, 2011

It's been a week.....

Erin had a staph infection all over her face. It is healing well now thanks to the awesome support of our friend Robyn who happens to be a pediatrician. We avoided one doctor appointment and she made a house call! Love her! Anyway, Erin couldn't go to the doctor once we realized what we were dealing with because she had mandatory state wide testing in the beginning of the week and couldn't miss school. Once we got through that, she was sent home anyway with tightness in her chest, extreme fatigue and upset stomach. A battery of tests have been run and we've not uncovered the cause of her symptoms. It has literally been one thing after another.

Colby turned six months old and is trying to crawl. Things will really be busy once he figures that out! He is always moving and smiling.



Baby feet are beautiful!

I love this....Colby and Ty holding hands while watching Mickey
Ty is as busy as ever.......




Unless he has an important phone call to make to Pa-Pa.
He is always the first to prepare to pray every night for dinner but after every prayer, he hits me! This has gone on for weeks. I seriously want to know how long I will be repeating "hands are not for hitting"! Anyway, after praying the other night, he smacked my arm and very firmly said, "Pa-pa, Ma-ma, Kate". It finally occurred to me to he wanted to run through our bedtime "God bless" list! All this time I was thinking what is it going to take for him to figure out he is not allowed to hit me and he has been wondering just how long it was going to take me to figure out how to pray with him! 

Our Kate is turning 6 next week! And she has discovered a loose tooth! It's her first and she is very excited.


We wrapped up our school year. I can honestly say I wish it had been our public school year rather than our home school year. It's been a season of unnecessary challenges. Common sense is lacking across the board and I am dreading adding another student to the roster in the fall. Praying. And counting down the days until May 31 when Erin will finish her sophomore year.

1 comment:

Jill May said...

I wish you could have been relaxing with me and Kristen this evening. You need a mommy time out!:) I am glad that your school year is wrapped up,and I am praying for peace for all schooling decisions to be made for next year, and for Erin to feel better. That poor girl!